VIA-Academy is a virtual academic network to form a progressive avenue of communication between Italian scientists, scholars and professionals in UK and Europe.
It is a non profit organization based on the spirit of the
9th article of the Italian Constitution:
"La Repubblica promuove lo sviluppo della cultura e ricerca
scientifica e tecnologica".
In particular, VIA-Academy fosters the development and dissemination
of scientific research and technology innovation between Italians emigrated abroad with the following aims:
- promote the dissemination of scientific knowledge to the community
of Italians living and working in UK;
- catalyze the exchange of information and collaborations between
themselves and the istitutions, agencies or companies which they
- facilitate the arrival and rapid integration of Italian students,
academics and professionals in UK;
- mentor undergraduate and postgraduate students coming to UK from
Italy or speaking Italian to enhance their academic performance and
- help improving the scientific profile and international standing of
Italian institutions and agencies like CNR and ENEA;
- provide a reference model for academic and professional networks of
Italians in Europe that can interface with Italian embassies and
- embrace all areas of knowledge, scholarity and technology that may
interest academic professionals as well as the community at large.